Please click on the links below to read a copy of our latest policies here at Flying High Nursery School. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding any of our policies.
- Accident, illness and First Aid policy
- Allergies and Allergic Reaction Policy
- Arrivals and Departures Policy
- Assessment Policy
- Camera, mobile phone and recording device policy
- Complaints and compliments policy
- Health and Safety policy
- Home Visits Policy
- Inclusion and equality policy
- Nappy Changing Policy
- Respectful Intimate Care Policy
- Safeguarding Policy
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Policy
- Visits and Outings Policy
The health and safety of your child is our number one priority.
What is safeguarding?
- Protecting children from maltreatment;
- Preventing impairment of children's health or development;
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best life chances by accessing services as early as possible.
The Flying High Nursery will fulfil their local and national responsibilities as laid out in the following documents:-
- The most recent version of Working Together to Safeguard Children (DfE)
- The most recent version of Keeping Children Safe in Education: Statutory guidance for schools and colleges (DfE Sept 2020)
- West Midlands Safeguarding Children Procedures
- The Education Act 2002
- Mental Health and Behaviour in Schools: Departmental Advice
- Sexting in Schools & Colleges – responding to incidents and safeguarding young people
We have qualified Designated Safeguarding Leads in each of our settings who handle any concerns about the welfare of children. They undertake Safeguarding training at least every 2 years and they also keep up to date with any requirements on a daily basis.
All members of staff and Directors are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check to ensure that they are suitable to work with children. We take the recruitment of staff very seriously and the manager, deputy manager, business manager and one of the directors are Safer Recruitment trained.
We ensure that our Safeguarding Policy complies with current Government guidance and adopt the recommended policy from Birmingham Safeguarding Board, making adaptations and modifications if necessary.